What is Negative Thought?
Thoughts have power. You can make your world or break it on your own thinking by learning how to handle your negative thoughts a positive way by doing.
Most of us spend a lot of time inside our own mind — worrying about the future, replaying events in the past, and generally focusing on the parts of life that leave us dissatisfied. While common, negative or unwanted thoughts can prevent you from enjoying experiences, distract you from focusing on what’s important, and drain your energy. They can also make you feel anxious and depressed.
Question To Ask Yourself When You Have Negative Thought
- Do I believe this Thought?
- Is it true or false?
- Will I or someone else be hurt?
- Where does this thought come from?
- Is it mine or from someone else?
- What can I learn from this thought?
- What do I need to know?
- What is it trying to tell me?
- Am I ready to heal/release this thought or does it still serve me?
- Is my ego attached to it so I believe I need it?
- What belief is attached to this thought ??
- How long have I had this belief?
- Where does this belief come from?
- Has this belief served its purpose?
- Am I ready to heal/release this belief?
- Can I let the thought and belief go?
5 Way To Handle Your Negative Thought
- Be Conscious Of Your Thoughts: As soon as you find yourself thinking a negative thought, stop yourself from thinking it.
- Keep Busy: Keeping your hands and mind occupied by doing tasks like cleaning, sorting, knitting, etc. Help keep your mind off negative thought s.
- Avoid Triggers: Minimizing contact negative people and avoiding negative triggers can help keep you sane and positive.
- Get Rest: Lack of sleep greatly affects your mood. causing you to feel anxious, irritable, and angry.
- Listen To Music: Listening to your favorite music for 25 minutes a day can bring about a great mood change and have a positive effect on your health and day.